Background

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Shop until you drop...

That totally describes our day around here. It has been crazy. I went out about noon, thinking I could get all kinds of things done (this is when we are sure the tumor has left my esophagus, and entered my brain). In the first store, I was so tired that I barely made it to the second store--it was crazy. Then it was home to help Spence put up the last of the decorations that we decided to use (for once we decided not to put everything up that we have...which is just fine, and our house still looks Christmasy). Of course, I fit a nap in between all that, and felt much refreshed. Then Katie and I went on a speed shopping trip. Katie is fast, and makes quick decisions, and we got a lot done. Again, there was some resting time...and then Spence and I went out after dinner. See, I told you, I really am brain dead! I can't wait to get into my pjs, and just relax for the rest of the night. I probably couldn't have done all that if I was feeling 100%...needless to say, it wasn't the smartest of decisions to do that when I am still not up to full strength. Oh well--we made it, and have lived to tell the tale.

Brian, my son, and his wife, Keri and son, Logan, arrived yesterday. So did Katie, our daughter in college. It has been fun to have them here. I keep telling them I'm playing the "cancer card," so they have to feel sorry for me, and help me in any way I need them to. So far, they're going along with it--we'll see if it continues. No, truly, it is wonderful to have them here--we laugh a lot, and it is just so nice to spend time together. Have a good Sunday tomorrow. Love you lots, Louise

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. I would NEVER do all that.. It's all I can do to muster up enough energy to go to the nearby village to buy a baguette!!! (Although yesterday I DID journey 1 1/2 hours in the snow to pick Chloe up at the airport!!!--she's home, safe and sound!) It's Amazon all the way for me!!! So great all the kids are home... that's what Christmas is all about. Big hug, Sue

    ReplyDelete