Background

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas to All!!

Well, you now have all the medical news from Dr. Spence--he's getting quite good at explaining all these different procedures--at least he sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

We were surprised at how soon the surgery is going to be. However, we had just heard the day before that there was a "window" of time that we needed to do the surgery in. I think that Spence explained this, but I will repeat it just in case. The scarring from the radiation can get so bad that it would make it a very difficult surgery...so we needed to get in sooner rather than later. We both felt calm and good about the surgeon. He took quite a bit of time with us and explained things very well, and was willing to answer all of our questions. We will be at Good Samaritan Hospital, which is a very good hospital. Of course, we realize what a big surgery this is...and that is scary...but we feel like we are in good hands...and know that Heavenly Father is very aware of what we will be doing, and He will be there to comfort us and inspire the doctors.

Just a word about Christmas, since I probably won't write again until after the big day. In spite of all the craziness associated with the season, I truly do love Christmas. As I told you a few posts ago, one of my favorite things is Christmas music...but I realized something also this Christmas. One of the reasons I love the Christmas carols so much is because of my mother. She loved music, and shared that love with her children. I love the words of the carols, and know many of them, and I attribute a lot of that to her. So, as we give gifts this year and in Christmases to come, let us share the beautiful carols of Christmas with our families--they truly sing praises to the birth of our Savior and can bring "joy to the world." May the Lord bless you in the coming days--thank you for all the "gifts" of love, comfort, inspiration and hope you have given me this year. I love you all very much, Louise

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Louise! I'm writing a little less often these days, but you are much in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so happy you have all of your family home with you. A wonderful, wonderful Christmas to you all! Love, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise:
    Ahh...that makes me miss Mom so much... that wonderful, gentle presence. I can smell the Christmas smells, hear her Christmas apron rustle, see the 'angel candle', the Bible reading, the carols, Billy Goat's Gruff....the magic of Christmas was so much the magic of our Mother.
    Love you, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family! I love the music too!
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise,

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy every moment!

    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Webe. I know music touches our soul in ways words alone often cannot. One of my sweetest memories of my visit with you this fall was when you played the piano for me, or at least it felt like it was for me! ;)
    I love you dearly and wish you the very best for Christmas, the New Year (and decade!), and especially for your surgery. Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete