Background

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting ready for the big day...

I haven't written for a few days. That's because there is not much to report. :) I am enjoying the distractions of having my family here. Sometimes in my quieter moments, I start thinking about my upcoming surgery, and get nervous. But most of the time I can put those thoughts away. I have had some preliminary tests--some blood work and an EKG, and been checked out by my primary care doctor. I have been okayed to do the surgery...now I just have to keep myself well. I can't have any infection or cold, and so I have babied myself this week. I am trying to work out every day, so that I can be in as good of shape as possible. I go to the hospital on Friday to do some lab work. I'll tell you--you sure see a lot of doctors when you're going through something like this. It makes you appreciate what people go through who are doing this all the time--we just take our good health for granted, that's for sure. I feel like Spence could use your good thoughts and prayers. Of course, he's the most nervous about this, and worries about all the possible things that could happen. I really feel like situations like this are hardest for the main caregiver...so keep him in your thoughts. I love you--I just want to be sure that you all know that. Feelings are pretty tender at times like this, and I want you to know that I couldn't do what I'm doing without your love and support. May God bless you in all that you're doing and feeling for me. Have a good day, Louise

4 comments:

  1. I will be praying and fasting for you and your whole family this weekend. I am sending out a big e-hug to you!! Wish I could give you a real one :)

    Tons of love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise:
    I am thinking about you absolutely non-stop and waiting to fast for you on Sunday. I am totally there for you. Everything will be fine--I know its nerve racking but this is a necessary step so that you can put this challenging chapter behind you... I love you so much. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry...signed in as a client again!!!! LOL Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Louisa -- You & Spence & your family continue in my prayers, and I will be fasting for you this Sunday. I love you dear friend! Sussa

    ReplyDelete