Background

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The eve before Radiation

Today was a good day. I love going to Church, and for the uplift I feel there. I am thankful for the hymns--I think that music can express our feelings better than just about anything else. I am thankful to be with friends and with my family. This Sunday was a lot better than last Sunday. Last Sunday everyone just felt sad for me, and had long faces. This Sunday was much more normal--people teased me about different things and I felt just like ME again. I don't want to make people feel bad, but I DO love to be with them, and to just joke around with them. I appreciated their encouragement as they know that I start treatments tomorrow. I just loved being there.
I also took my son, Brian, to the airport today. He went back to Redding, California, where he lives. It was great to have him here. He was such a support to me...and gave me the many hugs I crave every day. (We wondered if I get hugged enough, do you think we could pop the cancer right out of my esophagus--I think it sounds good, but I'm not sure it's a medically sound cure). It is so good to have my children near. I love them, and am so thankful for them.

I have heard from many people--some I haven't heard from in a very long time. I am totally amazed at their care and love. So, if you have someone that you haven't talked to in a long time, call them, write them, email them, whatever, but let them know you love them. There is nothing better you could do for them.

OK--Tonight we had the most wonderful experience. We have had this friend for a long time. His name is John Shaw, and he also is a radiologist oncologist, or as he has always called himself, a "cancer zapper!" He was instrumental in prolonging the life of Spence's brother, Ron, when he had colon cancer. He talked to us for nearly an hour tonight about all the procedures we're going to do, and he totally validated all that we're doing. That was so nice to hear from another professional. We have felt good about working with the Pyper Center and with all the people we have met. He just made us feel that way all over again. So, on to tomorrow. You all have a good day--I'm planning on having one too.

By the way, read Kelsey's post--it is totally awesome, and made me laugh out loud!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise...I love reading your entries - and your family's entries. I hope everything went well this morning...One treatment down, yea! I wish I was a "funnier" person - so I could make you laugh too. Try Chad or WEndi..they're the funny ones in our family ;) Hope you are having a good day....much love and good thoughts coming your way...Janet

    ReplyDelete