Please read the prior post, "Day 10 Tough Day, Longer Stay" before reading this to keep the chronology of the ongoing saga.
They finally got the lab reports done at 11:15 last night. They told me at that time that the x-ray, the EKG and the blood work indicated that there was no heart trauma from the transfusion or from any other source and they felt confident enough to give her the new transfusion. So, at that point in time, they thawed out a new plasma bag and gave her the transfusion at 2 am. She had no problems with that transfusion and seemed to sleep pretty soundly through the night (as well as you can anyway in a hospital room). It is now 6:30 am and they are waiting for lab reports to determine if her blood clotting is right or if they will need to give her 2 more units of plasma so that she may safely be operated on at 5 pm.
Our prayer today is that she can have a less-suspenseful day and a perfect operation that fixes her lungs and takes the pressure off her heart.