Background

Friday, November 4, 2011

Can you believe it's already November? !!





Well, happy November! I never did write again before Halloween. Now I am home, and am done traveling for a while. 2 weeks was a while to be gone...and it feels good to be back home. I read in my journal today about what I was doing a year ago...and was feeling so grateful for the progress I've made in the last year. Then I ate some very old cheese, and thought I was experiencing the dumping syndrome again--getting hot and needing to be under a fan, and feeling pretty out of it. However, it was more what I ate than any problems with my system. SIGH...it never seems like your body acts just like you want it to. However, I got feeling better, and was able to go out with some friends tonight...so I am doing better. Since I've been home, I have worked out at the cancer center. I have so many things to be grateful for...and my improved health is proably one of the biggest ones I have to be grateful for. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father has healed me, and performed miracles in my behalf.

I had a good time on my trip--I loved being with my family. I got to see most of my out-of-town kids, and that was great. I loved being on BYU campus, and am so thankful that my Kelsey can go there. I loved seeing ALL of my grandsons...and especially to be able to meet our newest member, little baby Colton. What a cutie...and what a good baby. I loved being with Logan, who is my oldest grandson, and who is so cute and so smart...and such an enthusiastic little guy. Every time he leaves the room, he lets you know that he'll be "right back!" It's so cute. He loves strawberries, so we kept a good supply of them in the frig! Emily is a beautiful mother in Utah with her cute 6-month-old, SJ, who looks just like his mama. Emily is so photogenic that any picture you take of her is beautiful...even if she's in her bathrobe and hasn't washed her hair. She cut her hair and looks so cute!

I loved being with Brian and Keri. They are good parents--and are working hard to make the adjustments to being a family of 4. Brian is very good to me, and I feel very loved when I am with him. We had some really good talks.

I DID miss my boys, Spence and Brady. They did come up for the weekend before Halloween, so they could be there when Brian blessed little Colton. He did a really good job, and it was so nice that they could be there to share that with all of Keri's family.

Everywhere I went my kids took good care of me. They are still patient with me when I need to take rests, or just need to have breaks in my day. I wish I had non-stop energy but I don't...and I appreciate their awareness of that. I am thankful to be back home--even laundry and dishes seem like fun (at least for the first couple of day) when you're back in your very own home. Well, as you can see, I have much to be thankful for. I hope I will work at remembering how blessed I am...and how fortunate I am to be able to travel and share in some of the wonderful events in my family.

You can see that I have included more pictures of baby Colton. Then there is a picture of me and Kelsey at BYU. The last one is of our little SJ, Emily's baby. He is awfully cute! Well, here is the latest from me--hopefully, you are enjoying this beautiful time of year. With much love always, Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment