Background

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy 11-11-11 to You!

I couldn't resist writing on 11-11-11, so even though I don't have anything very profound to say, I am going to write. I have thought a lot about the veterans on this day and am glad that our schools will honor them by having this day off. I didn't really do anything to honor vets today, except giving some money to a guy who was standing outside our grocery store, and was collecting money for the vets. I AM grateful, however, for all those who have served our country and cared enough about our freedoms to put their lives literally on the line for us. They certainly deserve our recognition and gratitude.

Nothing too much is happening around here. The holidays are creeping up way too fast...but at lesat this year I am going to be able to do more things, and be more involved. It is pretty amazing how feeling better can make such a difference in your life. Most of our kids are coming home for Thanksgiving, so we're very happy about that. It is hard to share the holidays with in-laws--wish I could have all my kids here all the time, but it just doesn't work that way.

One thing I am thankful for this week is a dear friend in Utah, who went out of her way to buy and bring flowers to my daughter, Kelsey, who needed a little extra sunshine this week. That was so nice of my friend, and meant so much to Kelsey. Another example--of how little things really ARE the big things.

This is a beautiful time in Arizona. we don't have fall leaves or anything like that, but the cooler temperatures and shorter days are really nice. I think that fall is my favorite time of year here in Arizona. Unfortunately, when it's spring, all I can think is that the heat is coming soon! Well, like I said, I don't have much to say...but still am feeling thankful for our country and for the freedoms that we enjoy. I am thankful for my health, and for my ability to work out several times a week...all those are very real blessings to me. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Nice thoughts! By the way I loved the pictures on the last post. Your grandchildren are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete