Background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!


Today is our 37th anniversary--we are OLD married folks!! But I am thankful for all those years, and what they mean to us. Tonight we went to the temple, and then out to dinner. Spence asked me to tell what some of our favorite trips have been. We have really been blessed to go to a lot of places and to have many fun memories. It was fun to reminisce. I just feel very fortunate to have been married to such a good man. He has been a constant through the ups and downs of life. He has been there to support me, to make me laugh, to love our children, and to be just an awfully good guy. With Spence, he has always been "genuine," ( a word that his Granddad JR Price used to call him), and what you see is what you get. There is nothing phony about him, and he is dedicated to good things-to his family, to being a good provider, to being committed in his Church responsibilities, and in his love for his Father in Heaven. He is not perfect, as he will quickly tell you, and he is a huge tease, and has lots of fun along the way. I have always admired his ability to balance the different areas of his life...and to never take himself or anyone else too seriously. He has been a fabulous example for our kids, and they all love and admire him. I am glad he is my friend--he has been a listening ear to me over the years. I am thankful that he continues to choose good things in life-- he really has his priorities straight. Being married to him is probably the best decision I ever made (besides joining the Church--the two big decisions which have made all the difference in my life!) So I am feeling thankful tonight, and wanted to let you all know that I did well in the choice of an eternal mate. He is the greatest!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a nice tribute to Spence. You two are a great team :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. So wonderful to hear someone speak so well of their spouse. I am a fan too and I'm also a fan of the two of you together. You make such a great pair...as parents, cohorts in crime, support to eachother, and servants to others. I love you both very much. Thanks for leading the way. We are trying to catch up! Lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, again! I'm happy for you guys. It looks like the comments are working just fine on your blog, Mom. I didn't have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't posted in a while, but must say what a pretty photo of you guys!
    38 years, wow! Gee Louise, Happy Anniversary, and I agree with all the
    things you said about Spence, he is all of that and more. Both of your are
    for that matter. He is one of my favorite teachers ever, and a great
    example for all to follow, as you both are.
    Thanks also for the "bacon" and the chicken breasts (looked like turkey
    breasts they were so hugh), that is so nice of you to pick up and share
    getting good prices.
    Thinking of your 38 years makes me feel really old, as I was married
    26 years to Lou when he died in 1991, another 14 years with Dan and
    now almost 2 years married to Chaz......that is 40 years together, sealed
    to Lou of course.
    Love ya gal,
    Peggy D'Amato

    ReplyDelete