Background

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Good News

Spence reminded me in my excitement about General Conference that I forgot to share my latest health news. Since we went to Utah, I've had trouble swallowing again...not constantly, but at times. We went back and forth whether to do anything about it. We DID go to the GI doctor, and he was pretty reassuring about it--that my body is just getting used to the "new plumbing,"etc. However, he said that if we would feel better having an endoscopy just to check it out, that he would be happy to do that for us. We vascillated about it for a couple of weeks, and then decided to have one last Friday. I really wasn't nervous about it--figured we just needed to check it out, in case there was anything wrong. Well, it came out perfectly fine--no problems. The doctor didn't even need to do any dilating of my throat--which was a possibility. There is no scar tissue. The swallowing problem may happen just because where my old esophagus and new esophagus meet, there could be a pocket there...which might make it more difficult at times to swallow. Anyway, it was another thing to be grateful for...and we are. Every "little" thing is a victory. Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you continue to do well! Thanks for sharing your little victory :)

    ReplyDelete