Background

Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference--a Blessing from the Lord

I just have to write today--it is GEneral Conference weekend, and we have one more session before it is over...and it has been truly inspiring and touching, and I have loved it. General Conference happens twice each year, in April and in October. It takes place in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. We feel like our leaders are inspired of the Lord, and that they are giving us messages that He would want us to hear right now...just like the prophets in the Old Testament did. I have been particularly touched by the things they have said this weekend, and so I wanted to encourage any or all of you to take the time to read or listen to what they have said. They truly testify of Jesus Christ as our Savior, and of keeping the commandments and living like He did. They share experiences and very tender feelings, and I have been brought to tears many times this weekend. I am so grateful for their counsel. Their talks (both written and audio) can be listened to and read on lds.org--you go to General Conference. This is one of the reasons I am so grateful to be a member of the LDS Church--because of latter-day revelation and the peace and strength and guidance it gives me. I just wanted to share that with all of you today. May the Lord bless you in all that you do. Those talks are available probably Thursday of this week.

1 comment: