Background

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Hello and Merry Christmas! I'm sure none of you have time today to be looking at people's blogs, but I thought I would post anyway. We are busy doing last-minute things, but unlike other years, it looks like our wrapping is pretty much done. WOW--that is amazing. We stayed up till 2:00 last night, rather than tonight--maybe some sleep on Christmas Eve. That would be a unique thing.

I have to share some feelings right now. Christmas is a very tender time for me, as it is for so many of you...and it is very tough to not have my children here. I am thankful today for my youngest, Brady, because he still basically likes to be home. It is hard to have children grow up, and get on with their own lives. I know that is reality, but it is a hard reality for me. Last night we had a lot of fun skyping with our daughter, Katie, and her husband, Cody, as they opened their Christmas presents from us. It just hit me this morning that none of them will be home for Christmas this year...and I got very emotional. I now need to go on with my day, and be grateful for all that I have. The holidays are a wonderful time, but they are also a time of sad emotions, when you can't be with ALL the people you love. I guess it's like the Christmas song says, "I'll be home for Christmas...if only in my dreams." May the Christmas spirit be with all of you, and may you know how much I love each of you, and how especially much I love each of my children and grandchildren. I hope they will feel that love over the miles. Merry Christmas to all of you! Much love always, Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment