Background

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, it is New Year's Eve--we are not big party animals, so we are just home, watching a Suns game, and having a quiet evening at home. I am actually working on a sewing project--we are not the most exciting people out there, but we are glad to be home and to be safe...and that counts for something. I have talked to most of my kids today--they, too, don't have big plans for tonight. I just can't get my mind off what I was doing a year ago. A year ago, I was 3 days away from having surgery, and spending 18 days in the hospital. Of course, a year ago, I didn't know what that all would entail, and I am thankful I didn't know what an ordeal it would be. I am sure that my family didn't have any idea either of what it all would entail--how grateful we are to be a year later, and to have that behind us. Who knows what 2012 will bring...but we are grateful so very much for my improved health, and all the blessings that have come to us this year--the addition of a new son, and of two new grandsons, who make us so very happy. Life does go on, in spite of health issues, and challenging things, and with the help of the Lord, we are given the strength to meet the challenges that come our way.

I am so grateful for the many people who helped us through this tough year--who were there with encouraging words, or funny cards, or with a hug when we needed it. I am thankful for countless acts of kindness--for meals and for rides for my children, and for support in so many different ways. I hope that in this coming year I can be as kind to people as they have been to me. I just feel so very thankful for the gift of life, and for the blessings of my Heavenly Father to me and to my family--to help us through 2011. I am grateful for a new year and for opportunities to serve and to learn and to hopefully grow closer to my Savior, and to the way He lived His life--which was in service always to those around him. May you all be blessed with a beautiful and joyful 2012, and may you have the strength and courage to meet whatever challenges come your way. Hopefully, we'll be there for each other in the coming days and months. Much love to you all, Louise

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Louise. I remember this time last year, and the dread of what you were facing. I'm grateful you are doing so well!!!
    A wonderful 2012 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. I hope 2012 will be a wonderful year for you.

    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete