Background

Friday, April 18, 2014

He Lives--the Savior Lives!

Last night I did the best thing ever to celebrate Easter--I went to the Easter pageant at the Mesa Arizona Temple grounds. It was a great experience. My sweet daughter, Kelsey, who happens to be one of the most thoughtful people I know, went with me. She had already gone this week with her singles ward, but she knew that I didn't want to go alone, so she went with me...just because she is a super nice person. It was SOOO crowded there. we got there about 7:30 (I usually get there a couple of hours early--and the performance starts at 8:00), and we drove around for quite a while, just looking for a parking place. Kelsey finally dropped me off so I could find us some seats, and she parked the car. People sitting next to us, held one of their children on their lap, just so we could have two seats together--pretty nice. The pageant goes through the Savior's life, quite quickly, with script and music. There were several times I wiped tears from my eyes--seeing the love of the Savior for little children portrayed so well, when he was whipped and scourged, when He appears to Mary in the garden, when He suffered so much when He was in the Garden of Gethsemane--so many times my heart was touched by His sacrifices, and the love He demonstrated so many times for us during His life. I am so thankful for the Savior. I know He is the Son of God, that He came to earth so He could show us he way to live. I am thankful that He suffered in Gethsemane and on the cross for us so that we could return to live with our Heavenly Father if we will repent of the things we do wrong, and try in all ways, to be like Him. I am thankful for inspiring music and the spoken word when it helps us feel closer to our Heavenly Father and to our Savior. I am so thankful for this time of year--what Christ did for us in unfathomable. I am just so thankful. The last song that all the cast sing is "He Lives--My Savior Lives." That touched my heart so much, and I felt like singing along with all of them--yes, I too, know that my Redeemer lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment