Background

Monday, November 5, 2012

News in November

That title is a little bit misleading, since I really don't have much news in November. Tomorrow is Election Day, and I have to say I'm pretty nervous about what is going to happen...but I guess we'll survive, whoever wins...hopefully!! :) I have this wonderful friend at Church--she's one of the first people I see every Sunday, and she is a beautiful and very classy woman. She reads my blog--I don't think there are many that still do!! And she got on me yesterday for not having written for so long...and it has been OVER a month! So she was right to give me a hard time, so I'll try to come up with something to say...since she still is one of my "fans!!" Things are finally cooling down in Arizona--well, that's kind of a lie, since it's supposed to be in the low 90's this week. It has been said that we have two seasons here--hot and hotter! Probably truer than any of us would like to admit. I read an article today talking about how the temperatures are going to stay hot longer--that is not a fun prediction. I love fall here--although we don't have fall leaves or anything like that, our mornings and evenings get cooler...and that is SUCH a welcome relief! My son, Brady is into "fantasy basketball." For any of you who have known anyone who does that, it is pretty crazy...and kind of addicting. (especially if you're involved in multiple teams like he is). He gets into different things, and does them wholeheartedly until the next "passion" comes along. My daughter, Kelsey, who is up at BYU, has really been doing some fun things with her photography. She is hoping to get into the program there at school, but even if she doesn't, she is starting to take lots of pictures...and loves doing that and editing them. Her card calls it "Priceless Photography" and we thinks she does great! I think you can check her out on Facebook, but since I'm Facebook illiterate, I might not be the one to tell you that with any degree of authority!! I have been doing quite a bit of sewing and quilting. That is what I love to do--it is so fun, and so great to have something tangible that you can show that you have accomplished something.. I have been making Halloween table runners, and they are way cute. Of course, they take too much time, but I still really enjoy doing them. I am working in our Church's children's organization now, called the Primary. I love it--I love working with the children, and helping their leaders. I love the music of the Primary--nothing can touch your heart like hearing children sing those precious songs that teach them about Heavenly Father. It is a privilege to work with them, and I am thankful for this opportunity. It keeps me very busy, and is probably good becuase it helps to keep me out of trouble!! It is November, so it is the time to express thanks. We had a wonderful lesson in Church yesterday on being grateful...and it is always good to try to "count your blessings," and think of the many ways your life is blesed. Lately I've read about a couple of different people who had esophageal cancer, like I did, and have not survived. I don't think I realized what a horrible cancer it is and how blessed I was to have lived through it. I need to express thanks more often for that and for so many other things I've been blessed with. Our teacher gave us this quote, "Thank you God for blessing me much more than I deserve." I am blessed to know the power of prayer in my life, that I have a Father in Heaven, who cares about me as a person, and who will listen when I talk to Him. I am thankful that He had a son, Jesus Christ, who died for me, and who took upon Himself all my sins and weaknesses and problems because He loves me too. So, at this time of year, I'm going to try harder to express thanks more often and with more sincerity. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your post Louisa! "Priceless Photography" is a priceless name! I'm so glad Kelsey is have opportunities to develop and use her talents. I also recently heard about someone who had esophageal cancer and did not make it. I couldn't help but think of you and feel very grateful for your recovery & treasured friendship.

    ReplyDelete