Background

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Some Random thoughts

Ever since I wrote about the Tabernacle Choir, I've had some random thoughts that I wanted to share...so it's pretty unbelievable I'm writing again, just 2 days later. So you get to hear some of my ramblings, for better or for worse.

It is easy to get caught up in thinking you HAVE to have certain things, whether it's the latest in computers, or clothes, or shoes or purses. It can be big or small, but we seem to easily slip into thinking something is a necessity, when it really isn't. In the last couple of days, I've heard about super awesome sewing machines or really the latest and greatest computer, or whatever. There is nothing wrong with that, and there is some pretty cool stuff out there. It's just when we think we have to get the latest and greatest, and can't be satisfied with all that we have. Let me give an example. There is this guy who is the trainer at the cancer center. He was determined that he needed a new bigger screen for his computer, and so he made a study of the best one to get. In the middle of that, he got an email from a friend of his, who is really struggling financially, and was really having a hard time just getting by. So this trainer told his kids about that--not only did this man give him that money that he had been saving for the screen, but his kids also wanted to give some of their Christmas money to help out this friend. It is experiences like that that make me think of those things that I feel are necessities, when really they are luxuries. This is not a commentary on anyone else's choices, but it is just some thoughts that I have had--and some feelings that I need to evaluate what I am doing with my extra money or time. There are good, better, and best choices, and I need to figure out what those are for me. Here is a little poem that a friend gave to me years ago--"Good, better, best, never let it rest, until your good is better and your better's best." I guess that can be applied to both how you use your time, and also how you spend your money. I was given a book by another friend, and I love the title. It is called, You Can Never Get Enough of What You don't need." What a thought. Anyway, for what any of that is worth, those are some of the thoughts I've had lately. Have a great week, and a happy Valentine's Day...even if it IS a Hallmark holiday!! Love to all, Louise

3 comments:

  1. Louise...you are right! Love these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lo--I appreciate it when you give me validation--and you always do! :)Love you lots!

      Delete
  2. Good thoughts! Happy Valentines Day :)

    ReplyDelete