Background

Friday, January 13, 2012

Another day to give thanks!

WOW, I just read my blog from a year ago--I guess I say it too much, but I am SO thankful to be where I am today rather than where I was a year ago, where I had just had a second surgery to correct a collapsed lung. Today I was at my father-in-law's, and ran around the yard with their brand-new darling puppy. What a joy to be outside, to be enjoying our beautiful winter weather, and to be carefree with a little puppy! There is something so totally fun about a puppy--they are just the cutest!I tried to take a picture of her, but she would never stand still long enough for me to catch her...so I ended up taking a video of her.

I am taking a break right now--doing that dreaded job of putting Christmas away. What a lot of work that is! I loved my Christmas decorations this year, and didn't want to take them down...but it's time. Last year my kids took down my decorations because I was going in the hospital. I don't want to go back to the hospital, but maybe I should plan on being sick every January, so someone else can do all this work. It takes SO MUCH time! Anyway, I just thought what a contrast this day was...and how thankful I am (even though I complain) to be well enough to do all of this...and to enjoy a beautiful Arizona day!

Plus--we had a great accomplishment in our family last night--Brady, our 14-year-old, went to his Eagle board of review, and PASSED. He is now an official Eagle Scout, and we are VERY proud of him! Way to go, Brady! Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. SO cool about your 14 year old getting his Eagle!!!! I hope my boys can be that cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Brady! What an awesome accomplishment. I know that moms earn that rank right along with their boys, so congrats to you too :)

    ReplyDelete